Friday, April 29, 2011

Hopscotch!

This morning, I pulled out my Hopscotch quilt top to begin the basting process! Woot woot!


I pressed and pieced my backing. I pulled out my "basting table" and got the quilt top basted! So exciting!



Now, I'm going to make a quick run to JoAnn's and pick up some more quilting thread. I use mostly off white/cream colored thread and I haven't bought hand quilting thread in so long, I'm afraid I'll run out of what is on the last spool I have. So, I'm going to restock, so that I'm SURE I have enough to finish this top.

As usual, it will take me a bit to finish this one. I made it from my leftover reproduction strips. And, I'm using Quilter's Dream Request batting. SO nice for hand quilting. The quilt will fit my double bed. I'll measure it again in a bit when I get it out to start the quilting, I've already forgotten the measurement. :)

I suppose it's time to start thinking of the next top to work on....I have lots of them in process, and I'd like to finish one up and get it made into a top.

Happy Quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's beautiful. It's come together really nice.

Betty Lou said...

That is a big one to hand quilt but will be so nice and quilty when finished. I think Quilters Dream is the best for hand quilting also.

Rhonda said...

Wow! I can't believe how much you are getting done with everything else going on in your home! You are such an encourager, just by being you!

Karen said...

I like the Quilters Dream Request batting too. For hand or machine quilting.

Karen said...

I love the Hopscotch quilt! The colors are lovely. Hand quilting is the perfect finish...please show us your progress.
Karen

WhiteStone said...

Most of my hand quilted Qs are done with Dream Request...so nice to hand-quilt.