Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another finish!!!

Finished up the last touches on this little quilt this morning. SO happy to have it done. Please excuse the pictures, but Dear Older Daughter borrowed my camera this morning and I didn't want to wait til tomorrow to post pics. :) These were taken outside with my camera phone....



Thursday, Dear Younger Daughter and I went shopping, picked up some books at the bookstore, some more accessories for the grill, made a quick run into Bath and Body Works, lunch at Chipotle, and picked up some herbs at Lowe's. Monday we are putting in an herb garden...sweet basil, mint, thyme, oregano, rosemary, parsley and a tomato and bell pepper plant. We'll see if I can get in a few more veggie plants too, just depends on my help.

Friday, I slept in and then got a text from my dear friend. She came by for about three hours, we had coffee on the deck, and chatted while I sewed on the binding on my Comfort of Psalms quilt. Made a quick run to HEB to pick up the remaining grocery items we needed.

It's been a busy week and I'm about ready for some machine time. I want to finish up about four more Easy Spider Web blocks and get that quilt together. And, I would love to spend some time this week, basting my next double sized quilt. The batting is here and the back needs to be pieced.

Happy Quilting!!!!!!

6 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats on the finish!

Karen said...

A very good finish! I commented previously when you showed the quilt in the works. It will make a nice display piece. Something you have to get close to to be able to read what is on it.

Material Mary said...

Wow, you go girl. You are definately on a roll....the quilt is lovely.
Mary

Betty Lou said...

You are on a roll, Paula. Very nice finish.

WhiteStone said...

Well done! It's always gratifying to complete the binding on a new quilt and see it in its completed condition.

Diane said...

You have been very busy. Just reading about it made me tired. I have been busy working on a challenge that is eating my lunch. Once Ray goes back to work I can devote all of my attention to it and hopefully get it out of my house by the end of the week.
I love the Psalms quilt, it turned out so pretty. I can't wait to see pictures of the next one you work on. Love to everyone.