Saturday, January 9, 2010

Great Advice

Thank you all so much for your wonderful advice on what I should do with the Easy Spider Web blocks. I think the best thing at this point is to set them aside for a week and see what happens. I'm thinking I just need a bit of a break. Maybe I will make 10 more blocks, maybe I won't, but the blocks and fabric will be there in one week, right?? I'll make my decision then.

This morning as I was putting away the blocks, I decided that I needed something to work on, and so I went to my UFO basket and saw these blocks sticking up. Hmmm....I wonder how many I have?? I had 26 blocks already sewn....and I was just four blocks short of a nice sized top!! (They are 12 inch blocks, so with this arrangement the quilt would be 60x72.) Imagine that. So, I pulled out some strips and found coordinating fabric and cut some squares. I got all four blocks sewn up and laid the quilt out on my design floor!!!


I won all but about seven of these blocks in a block lotto about 2 years ago. I really like these blocks because they are so random. The ladies used whatever fabrics whether they were matchy-matchy or not. I think this weekend, I'll work on them and see if I can get this top together. It's kind of nice picking up a project that is almost complete. About time to get them into a top!

Happy Quilting!!!!!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I've wanted to do this; I've even cut some strips...ala bonnie Hunt, but it would be really great to get a jump start like you did.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a nice way to start the New Year - almost finished UFO! I love what you've done with it.

Material Mary said...

Love that project. I'll be excited to see it come together.
Mary

MARCIE said...

Very pretty! Isn't is great to pull out a project and realize how quickly you could finish it? Very nice!

A Colorful World said...

This is a great scrappy quilt top! How nice that you have enough squares! It's gonna make a good one!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love this scrappy quilt too! Boy you have been busy - and I'm loving all of it!