Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Nite Sew In Show and Tell

First of all, thank you so much Heidi for organizing the Friday Nite Sew In!!!! It was lots of fun to know I was sewing away last night with about 145 other quilters. I just know I heard those machines whirring!!!

It took me a while to finally get to the sewing room last night. But I did, and that's the main thing, right?? I worked on the Everlasting Wreath blocks. I got quite a few done last night, and then this morning I did another batch of blocks. So all totaled, I'm at 53 blocks.

Between last night and this morning, I got 23 blocks sewn!! Woot woot!!!

How did I know it was time to stop last night??? When I saw this mess up! LOL See where I mixed up the greens? The lazy part of my character really wanted to leave it, but I was a good girl and ripped it out. Just two little bitty seams, so no problem.




I'm loving seeing the pattern of the light circles appearing......



I will probably spend some more time in the sewing room today, but for now, my back and eyes are tired. I suppose I'll spend some time looking at the blogs that participated last night in the Friday Nite Sew In! That will give my back time to rest!!!



Happy Quilting!!!!!!!

19 comments:

Janet said...

How fun to lay it out now that you have so many blocks made. It looks terrific!

Rae Ann said...

I love the quilt you are making. It sounds like you got a lot done on the Friday Sew-In. Good going!!!

Diane said...

Beautiful! It's coming right along. It almost makes me want to sort the tumbled fabrics of mine, but not quite. LOL

Darlene said...

Wow, what a beautiful project, Paula. I'm in awe.

Sandy said...

Wow, Paula, those are gorgeous blocks...looks a little difficult...wonderful pattern all of the blocks make.

em's scrapbag said...

I always do reverse sewing than regular sewing when I'm tired. This quilt is gorgeous.

Forrest said...

Sweetheart you are so funny...and you, my dear, ARE a sewing machine! Love you.

Rhonda said...

I love this design. It's shaping up well. Take care.

bettyp said...

love that block!! can you tell me the name of it and where it can be found !!I think this is something I would love to do !!

WhiteStone said...

What a clever incentive to get some quilting done!

Thanks for stopping by my blog with your encouraging words.

Bless you and your Hubby.

Edna said...

This is going to be wonderful! I might consider doing on of these as well if it wasn't for all those Y seams...

Cath Ü said...

that is stunning... Friday night sew in was a lot of fun...
Cath Ü

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow! 23 blocks is a tremendous amount of progress!

Alice Grace said...

What a great block design! 53! Wow! How many will you make to finish it? Didn't we have fun on the Friday night sew-in! I love the look of the blocks together!

Material Mary said...

Lovely progress. Keep it up.
Mary

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my...that looks so hard to sew! I couldn't figure out the mistake....it's too hard for me :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS! I need to learn how to make this block! It is awesome!

Libby said...

Oh gosh - what a beauty!

Jocelyn said...

It looks great! I enjoyed sewing with you on Friday night :-)