Friday, November 16, 2007

UFO Day


Today, the ladies at church got together for a UFO day (Unfinished Objects). I chose to take my reproduction Civil War fabrics so that I could continue cutting squares for Jonathan's graduation quilt. (I know, he just turned 19....and he already graduated, but that's beside the point).

I am making a Double Four Patch Quilt which I found in the book "Quilts! Quilts! Quilts!". Here is the picture of my work.

The stack of 1 1/2 squares on the right is what I got accomplished. There are about 1000 of them now! I'm not worried that there might be too many, I'll just make another quilt.

And you can see some of the blocks I'm making too! I have 56 made already. These are all hand pieced and I need another 44, and that's a total of 100 blocks. Fun, fun....but special quilts (for my children only!) are being hand pieced and hand quilted, regardless of how easy they are. Just something special for graduation quilts. (Don't look too close, they aren't ironed yet!)

This is definitely a stash quilt, I've been hoarding these fabrics for years!

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Love your Civil War blocks - how wonderful to create special quilts for your children to own and treasure :)