Monday, November 19, 2007

A Few Wall Hangings...


This "Spring Trip Around the World" was made from a fat quarter bundle I got from our Quilter's Group Fat Quarter Club. It measures 27 1/2 inches square. Hand pieced and hand quilted April 2001. The colors looked so springy and happy, I couldn't wait to cut into them. Turned out pretty cute, even if the colors aren't typical me!



I made this wall hanging about two years ago, and it turned out looking a bit like Christmas. I pulled fabrics from my stash and Dear Sister in Law helped me pick out the border fabrics. I hand pieced and hand quilted it and it measures 31 inches square. I call this small quilt "Lone Star Christmas".





The next picture is a wall hanging that I started on Election Day November 7, 2000. As the craziness of the election continued (George Bush vs. Al Gore), I worked on the quilt, eyes glued to the television. It is hand pieced, hand appliqu├ęd and hand quilted and measures 31 inches square....and it was completed on December 13, 2000, the day Vice-President Al Gore conceded the election and President-elect George W. Bush gave his acceptance speech. I call it "Tulips in a Flower Pot....2000 Election Quilt". Fun memories! (Can you tell I was thinking spring when I started it???)




The little patriotic quilt is a panel with the "Pledge of Allegiance" on it. I added the borders and little flag buttons in the corners. Hand pieced and hand quilted July 2001, and measures 20 1/2 by 24 inches.

No comments: