Monday, November 19, 2007

A Few Wall Hangings...


This "Spring Trip Around the World" was made from a fat quarter bundle I got from our Quilter's Group Fat Quarter Club. It measures 27 1/2 inches square. Hand pieced and hand quilted April 2001. The colors looked so springy and happy, I couldn't wait to cut into them. Turned out pretty cute, even if the colors aren't typical me!



I made this wall hanging about two years ago, and it turned out looking a bit like Christmas. I pulled fabrics from my stash and Dear Sister in Law helped me pick out the border fabrics. I hand pieced and hand quilted it and it measures 31 inches square. I call this small quilt "Lone Star Christmas".





The next picture is a wall hanging that I started on Election Day November 7, 2000. As the craziness of the election continued (George Bush vs. Al Gore), I worked on the quilt, eyes glued to the television. It is hand pieced, hand appliquéd and hand quilted and measures 31 inches square....and it was completed on December 13, 2000, the day Vice-President Al Gore conceded the election and President-elect George W. Bush gave his acceptance speech. I call it "Tulips in a Flower Pot....2000 Election Quilt". Fun memories! (Can you tell I was thinking spring when I started it???)




The little patriotic quilt is a panel with the "Pledge of Allegiance" on it. I added the borders and little flag buttons in the corners. Hand pieced and hand quilted July 2001, and measures 20 1/2 by 24 inches.

No comments: