Monday, November 26, 2007

Depression Top Completed!




Well, it's done! At least the top. And I used only stash fabrics to do it. The HST's (half square triangles) came from my 4 inch strips and the borders came from my stash.

I decided to use the outer fabric even though there was only one yard. I did the math and math told me that one yard would be enough. When I started piecing the border and sewing it on, I did get a bit concerned when all I had left over was a 2 1/2 inch strip. Would seven pieces be enough? Then as I pieced the border......this was all that was left, a small 6 inch piece. Talk about getting your money's worth out of a yard of fabric. I really liked that piece.....wish I had some real scraps to work with!

So, another UFO marked off my list! (Don't even talk to me about quilting it!) And, I'll have to pick another one to work on. Maybe later in the week. All this sewing has given me a backache. I'm off to spend some time running errands with Dear Younger Daughter. Fun, fun.....I bet we end up at McDonald's. LOL

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Huge congrats on getting this to flimsey stage. Great quilt :)

Rhonda said...

It is a cheerful top...should be called an "anti-depression" quilt! Are there any scraps from young daughters' clothes or are they all quilting scraps?

MARCIE said...

Love your Depression quilt, tho I agree with Stewpot, it should be anti-D. Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing me to yours! Great stuff!

Diane said...

Love love love the Lexapro of quilt tops!

Kim said...

This is a really nice Depression quilt...the daisy print caught my eye. Nothing depressing about it, this makes me smile. :)