Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Four Season's Quilt is Here!!!





My little quilt made a little trip before it finally arrived, safe and sound, in it's new home. I'm so grateful that it found it's way here! I won't go into details, but just want everyone involved to know that it has arrived safely and I LOVE IT!




My quilt was made by Grace and she did an outstanding job on the quilt. I really love red, white and blue quilts! They really sing "SUMMER" to me. I think it's amazing that my partner took the time to hand piece and hand quilt this little beauty! I wish you could feel just how soft and supple this little quilt is.

When I started quilting in 1990, Dear Sister in Law taught me to hand piece and hand quilt. Up until 2 years ago, everything I made was done completely by hand. So, believe me when I say, I know the work and time involved in hand piecing and hand quilting!

Thank you so much Grace for the wonderful quilt! I haven't decided where this quilt will reside permanently, and I haven't had time to audition new places yet. I will though, once I'm through admiring it!!!

Happy Quilting and Happy Swapping to all the swappers!!!!

10 comments:

Sara said...

I absolutely love that little quilt! Its quite beautiful, and to be hand pieced and quilted makes it more special!

calicodaisy said...

Wow! You deserve to get one as beautiful as the ones you send out. -- Michele

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful :)

Paula, the quilter said...

I am so glad you got your 4SQS safely. It is a lovely little quilt, isn't it?

Sweet P said...

What a gorgeous hand-pieced and hand quilted quilt. You are a lucky gal!

Mom said...

how lovely and patriotic! glad it made it finally :-)
Kindly upload to flickr if you can as I know Grace has not.

Helen in the UK said...

What a great little quilt. I follow's Grace's blog but she can't share piccies at the moment, so it was nice to see the quilt she made on your blog :)

Libby said...

Delicious! Enjoy the 'auditions' they are really fun *s*

Hannah B. said...

Lovely! =)

Rhonda said...

What an adorable quilt! Must be fun to get such a great gift in the mail....