Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm still here.....

...but I refuse to put any more pics of the Off Centered Log Cabin Blocks on this blog until I start sewing them together. I have just THREE blocks left to assemble now!

I talked with Diane, my Dear Sister in Law today and she motivated me to sew. She lit a fire under me and now I've got just a few more blocks to go! I really do plan on making the quilt really soon here, but life seems to sidetrack me!

Things have been busy here and it seems as if when I have time, I don't have the motivation to sew....and most of the time, I just don't have the time! LOL

So, tonight, I'm planning on sewing the last three blocks and maybe next week, I can starting putting the blocks together into a top.


JulieKQuilts showed a Sunbonnet Sue quilt and asked that we show ours. So, Julie, here is mine. I made this several years ago, back when I still pieced by hand. The applique is done by hand as well as the embroidery. I never found a border fabric I liked....I was new to quilting and thought everything needed to be matchy-matchy. Now, I could walk into a quilt shop and grab a couple of pieces of fabric and get them sewn on pretty quickly! Of course, I need to do just that!!! And, maybe I will. They only problem??? I would need to sew the borders on by hand. Hmmm, we'll see. Too many irons in the fire, don't you think? I'm having a ADD Quilting Moment.....ok, an ADD Quilting Year!!! LOL











Happy Quilting!!!!!!

11 comments:

julieQ said...

Love this quilt! So very cute...the fabrics are so pretty. I am glad you shared this one!!

Stina Blomgren said...

It´s beautiful...thanks for showing us... and I so recognize your feeling... glad you got some inspiration to finish your quilt...will check in you later and see how it went!! Good luck!!

WhiteStone said...

I clicked on the photos to see close-ups. Very neat job of applique. And I love the bunny sashing! Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt. Sunbonnet Sue still lives! LOL

Fabricmom said...

I love your Sue quilt. I have made 2 quilts with sue and alternating blocks. Gotta love her.

I am giving away Batik fat quarter on Friday.

Sara said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the sunbonnet sue quilt.Hope you get the log cabins done soon!

Karen said...

Cute Sunbonnet Sue quilt. I would just sew the borders on by machine just to get it done.
I have a friend named Sue who has always loved Sunbonnet Sue quilts. She has made lots of the Sunbonnets over the years. She even had a dress or maybe it was a long apron with "Sues" on it.

Anonymous said...

I love Sunbonnet Sue's! Who says you have to sew the borders on by hand??? The seams are going to be inside the quilt anyway! I won't tell!

Sweet P said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sue quilt! I need to take a photo of my Sunbonnet Sue quilt made by my grandma when I was a little girl.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your Sunbonnet Sue's are adorable! I agree with mariajhmom - who says the border has to be sewn by hand? No one will ever notice when they are looking at your beautiful quilt!

quilterpolly said...

I love your sunbonnet sue quilt. I did a post today about my story of sunbonnet sue today. I get warm happy thoughts thinking of her:)

Hazel said...

Just had to stop by to see your SBS, simply wonderful ,I posted one of on my blog who could resist SBS.