Monday, August 18, 2008

Scrappy Quilt Idea

I know, I know, I should be finishing up my Off Centered Log Cabin Blocks.....but I get sidetracked so easily. I have finished 85 of the 100 I need, so I'm getting there.

Today I was looking at Marcia Hohn's website of free blocks (I really should stay off the internet when trying to work on a quilt!!!!!!!) and found this Easy Spider Web block. I think it looks really great as a scrap quilt. I've got so many scraps, I really need to use them up, so, I'm thinking this block would be great. Just had to play around and see what it would look like as a quilt. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

The paper is still on the back so the center is not so nice, but will look great once the paper is removed and I can press it well.

O.K. now, I'm getting back to the Log Cabin Blocks, but I think the Spider Web is next. Gotta have something to look forward to!!!


Happy Dreaming of
quilts yet to be made!!!

11 comments:

Carol said...

OMG how wonderful is that!!!!!! I'm going to have to go play with that one...Thanks so much for sharing.

Marilyn Robertson said...

I have a hard time working on one quilt at a time too! I just love your Spider Web blocks. It looks like a perfect way to use up those scraps!

Libby said...

Looks great. I have been wanting to make a spider web (or two *s*) for a while now . . . maybe this will be what kicks me into gear.

julieQ said...

This is gorgeous! I really love that block, and the whole quilt is wonderful!

Diane said...

I made a top using that pattern and my 1930's fabrics. It turned out great. I love the fabrics you chose.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

That spider web pattern is one of the first quilt patterns I ever made. As I recall, I pieced it by hand! Well, that was a real long time ago, the '60's.

Sara said...

That does look awesome! I love the look! And Happy Belated Birthday!

Karen said...

The spider web quilt has turned out really nice. I like the way the lights show up in the same area creating a design within a design.

Eileen said...

oooo yes.. this scrappy spiderweb is GREAT! I have always wanted to try one of these too. Yours is very pretty.

MARCIE said...

OOOOO--love your spider web! There is nothing wrong with working on several projects. is there? We would all be in a heap of trouble! Love your Log Cabin and Orange Crush as well. You go girl!

em's scrapbag said...

I love this idea! Oh that there were more quilting hours in the day.