Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Heading to a Quilt Retreat!!!!

I haven't talked about it before, since I wasn't sure it was going to work out. It seems like things don't always go smoothly for this family! It's a big joke here. If you are planning a trip something awful will happen. The trip will be delayed because of car trouble, you'll get a flat tire, someone will get sick....it just never fails.

So, what happened with the Quilt Retreat, you ask???? Well, we were supposed to leave this morning. Instead, we're leaving tomorrow morning. We had to delay the trip.....because we weren't sure if we were going to have a hurricane or just a tropical storm! Tropical Storm Eduoard called on the Texas Gulf Coast early this morning......

We live about 50 miles from the Gulf Coast. Summers are exciting, because of hurricane season. You just never know. So, tomorrow morning, LORD WILLING, we'll be hitting the road.

One of our peeps has a daughter who owns a house about a mile from the Gulf Coast. She is giving us the place for three days and two nights at a very reasonable rate. Just a few of us are going, and we're rather excited. My projects are all packed, my food prepared and just the last minute things need to be tossed into the bag.

I planned a menu of some great "lady foods" and everyone is bringing several items to complete the menu. There will be no cooking except maybe some pasta on this trip! Yippee!

Our busy schedule will include rest, quilting, reading, lounging, rest, talking, laughing, and resting! Of course, nothing is really planned - I'm hoping to get some rest time in....but you may have noticed that already. Maybe a walk or two.....maybe even a drive to the beach.....hmmmm. Who knows what we will do???

Here are some pics of where we'll be staying. My daughter was able to spend a few days at the same place this past May with her peeps. Pretty nice when your daughter is friends with your friends daughter! We're all just one big happy family!!!

Have a great week, I know I'm planning on it! See you all when I return!

Happy Quilting!!!!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow! How exciting for you. My fingers are crossed so I know you'll get going tomorrow. Sew up a storm for me.....take care.

Jeanne said...

Have a wonderful time, Paula!

Sara said...

Have a great time! I am sure you will get plenty of rest and quilting done!

Paula, the quilter said...

Wish I was going *pout, pout*. Have a good time anyway.

Hannah B. said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing time, lady friend! I love you!