Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WIP Wednesday.......


This morning I pulled out all my strip buckets/baskets and put the strips I've been cutting in them. (Picture shows the baskets before I added to them.) They were already full and now they are stuffed! I still have a laundry basket full of odds and ends that need to be cut and placed in these baskets. Now, tell me, how in the world am I going to fit any more strips in them? And people wonder why I make so many tops...I'm just trying to use up my strips!


I also spent the morning pulling strips from my 2 1/2 inch strip bucket to make Bonnie's Scrappy Bargello Quilt, the lap sized one. ( I pulled out 128 strips and still the bucket is full!) She says that you can make a lap quilt in a day, and I'm willing to try! Diane, my sister in law is making one too, so it will be fun to compare fabric selections. Diane's not cutting any fabrics either, she has as much as I do, I'm sure, to choose from!


Then, I had so many leftover 1 1/2 inch squares from cutting Dear Younger Son's Double Four Patch blocks, that I decided I needed to do something with them. They are all Civil War Reproductions, and so I pulled out my shirtings and cut out a lot of 1 1/2 inch squares. I'm making Nine Patches out of them, but, just like me, you'll have to wait to see what I do with them. I've already got 33 or so Nine Patches made. Really, this isn't a new project, it's a recycled one. I'm recycling squares that were leftover! Besides, I was tired of cutting strips!

So, now you see the mess I'm in. Up to my eyeballs in fabric. Tired of cutting, wanting to spend quality time with my machine, trying to empty a laundry basket, needing to put away the strip baskets and generally making myself crazy. I must have ADD or something!!

Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By The Way......I'm having the time of my life!!!

9 comments:

Julia said...

I am fairly new to quilting, about 2 years. But, I am rapidly finding out that scraps can take over your life and your sewing room. :) lol
But, like you, I am having the time of my life. I just wish I had more time to spend quilting!!!!

Sweet P said...

Yes, I can tell you are enjoying yourself. Isn't that quilting is all about? Having fun all the time!

Libby said...

Looks like fun . . . just think of all the quilts that will come from this *s*

Diane said...

Looks like my house! Fabric EVERYWHERE! Don't you love it?!

Fabricmom said...

I can't wait to see the top you make with those scraps. I love that pattern. Some day I will make one too. I just made a floor quilt for my unborn child using scraps. It doesn't even look like I used any. LOL.

Hannah B. said...

tsk, tsk. Drink some Starbucks and you can do crazy things even faster... :) Love you.

Darlene said...

Wow, I can see that you've been having a ton of fun. Busy, busy, busy! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow what an amazing stash! I am humbled and impressed, lol. I have one laundry basket of fabrics from my beginning stages... stuff I will never use because of quality. I wish I had a stash that great to pull from!

Juliann in WA said...

Haven't seen you around for awhile. Are you busy with your scraps?