Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Call Me Moody!

I've been in the sewing mood! I am in love with my machine, my fabrics, my UFO's, my stash, everything in my house that is quilt related! I've been inspired by the challenge, by the wonderful blog award and the nice things people are saying. Quilting is a wonderful hobby. Not only do you end up with a great quilt in the end, but along the way you meet a lot of wonderful people.

I had to sit yesterday and wait for my van brakes to be fixed and while I was waiting, I pulled out my quilt I've titled "Stars Over Texas". It's from Bonnie Hunter's website and she calls her version "Cathedral Stars".


I posted about it around November 15th, when I had to put it away because it was laid out all over the floor and company was coming over. I knew it would get put in the closet to stew, but what could I do with the holidays coming? Well, it sat, until yesterday. I was tired of twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear from the mechanic. So, I got the top put together and was so excited, I dug around in my stash and found border fabrics! My Dear Hubby loves it, but alas, it is Queen sized not King sized.

Then, after picking up my van, I still had some free time on my hands and I starting sewing....

I put borders on the Baby Strings quilt for Dear Sister. (actually her baby!)

I finished up the blocks for the Heart to Heart quilt, for Dear Sister. (her baby, again!)

And then, this morning, I put the borders on my Country Stars Quilt. The top is all done. This one is a King size quilt and when Dear Hubby saw it, he decided he liked it better for our bed anyway! So, now, I'm saving up my money and searching for a long arm quilter who likes to sew for free. Ok, I'll settle for reasonable, but I hope she does excellent work! If you have any suggestions, let me know, and I'll check into it!



11 comments:

Hannah B. said...

Wow! What beautiful quilts! You work so fast...
You were not hinting at anything, were ya? ;) I've got short arms...ha!

Jeanne said...

The Country Stars quilt looks so perfect on your bed. When it is quilted, it will look even better! Great finish.

Diane said...

You completely amaze me at how much you get done. The quilt is beautiful on your bed, I can't wait to see it in person.The longarm quilter who did my booth quilts has reasonable prices. Email me the measurements and I will get an estimate for you.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh BABY! I love both star quilts! And lets hear it for 2 wonderful finishes! I love them both!

Unknown said...

Love your Country Star quilt. Looks super on your wrought Iron bed. Now for a quilter,. Hm I don't know. You could always quilt it yourself. LOL

Julia said...

I just came upon your blog and I am glad that I did. These 2 quilts are beautiful. Stars are my absolute favorite, I would love to make both of these. So many designs and patterns and so little time!! lol

Val said...

Paula,
Finally, I have read your amazing blog. You have inspired me to finish some UFOs too. I think I might need a little longer than April 30. Maybe June 30th.
Christa's topper
Laura and Aarons top pieced
String quilt top pieced.

I guess the last two won't actually be finished, just on the way.

Millie said...

I think the Cathederal Stars quilt is a knockout!

jeanette said...

I like your Country stars!

Kucki68 said...

Country Stars is a very lovely top. It will be wonderful on your bed.

Texan said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, I see you are a fellow Texan :O)...

Love your Cathedral Stars Quilt! It's stunning.