Sunday, January 13, 2008

Respite and Sweet Rest

Every caregiver needs a time to refresh, relax and just plain rest and that is what I am doing this week. Tomorrow morning, I am leaving for a three day, two night retreat all alone. I've rented a small little cabin in the woods for two nights. My plans are to sleep, uninterrupted, to read my Bible and some wonderful devotional books I am taking with me, do some hand quilting, watch some old B&W movies, listen to some wonderful music, take a walk by the lake, a walk in the woods and have some time of quiet.

Dear Younger Son is on duty, with Dear Mother doing the cooking and Dear Older Daughter running the errands. It's wonderful to have adult children who will help out in times like these...I don't have to cook ahead, make meal plans, leave lists of things to do or instructions.

Here is a prayer that while I am gone my family will have a wonderful time together and I will get some much needed rest.

So, if you don't hear from me for a while, you will know where I am....taking in the quiet and quilting in the woods!


5 comments:

Libby said...

Enjoy every single peaceful moment *s*

Julia said...

Have a great time. It sounds so peaceful and wonderful. I must say I am a little jealous. lol

Jeanne said...

Paula, that sounds perfect right now.
I hope you relax, recharge and enjoy the time away from the daily routine.

Sweet P said...

Enjoy your retreat.

Helen in the UK said...

Thanks so much for the 'make my day award' - I am seriously behind in blog reading! Hope you have a great retreat and come back totally refreshed :)