Monday, January 7, 2008

UFO Challenge

I have been challenged to finish 3 UFO's by April 30th. So, I jumped in with both feet and here's my list....

1. Granny's Strings - finish quilting borders and bind

2. Baby Strings - add borders, baste, quilt, bind

3. Heart to Heart Quilt - complete blocks, assemble top, baste, quilt and bind


Number 1, Granny's Strings you've seen before. (Look in my Picassa Album for pics, link is at the bottom of my blog.) I am determined to finish this quilt.....it's been fun, but this quilt is so heavy that I only want to quilt on cold days. Fortunat
ely, we had a cold spell while all my older children were gone and I got the entire top quilted, now I have just the borders to quilt. Deciding on what to quilt in the borders will be a bigger challenge than actually quilting them.

Number 2 and 3 are baby quilts for Dear Sister, so I can't show pics otherwise there will be no surprise for Dear Sister! I know she reads periodically!

Several days my machine was busy as Dear Mother pieced her grandbaby's quilt top. It turned out beautifully and she is in the process of hand quilting it! Can't wait to show pics of it too!

Ummm, oh, I also got all the blocks for my Country Stars done and assembled. It turned out nicely, it just needs some borders now. I should get that done this week and I will post pics of it once the borders are on.

So, because blogs without pics are boring, here is a pic of a top I made a couple of years ago, the scrappy backing and a close up. (BTW, this was hand pieced...back before I fell in love with the speed of a sewing machine!) When I get a break in the "have to get done" category of my quilting, I'll move on to this one! I fell in love with this fabric (Porch Swing) and bought the scripture blocks while on a Shop Hop with my quilty friends! That was a fun time....looking forward to the Spring Shop Hop this year.

Have a great quilting day!



3 comments:

Hannah B. said...

Did I see the word "quilt" in there??? Good for you! :)

Diane said...

Who challenged you? Good luck!
You amaze me with how fast you quilt. I can't wait to see it!
aybe spring break we can come visit. Love ya

MARCIE said...

Paula, I gave you an award on my blog today, come and visit!