Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quilt tops.......

So, let me ask you a question. How many quilt tops do you have?? Unfinished, unquilted. :)

I have quite a few. And, yesterday I got curious. I took them all out of the cabinet and took a look. I photographed them (not great pics) and measured them. I wrote it all down and whether they needed backings made or borders added on. No excuses for not getting to them now, right??

Oh my!

I hate to admit how many tops I have...and I don't think I will. :) I'm too embarrassed.

How about I show you a couple of them over the next few weeks......and we'll pretend that I'm doing a quilt show???

Here is one I did from Bonnie Hunter's website. It's called Basket Weave Strings. This quilt is 67x73.


And, here is another top.... Another Scrappy Sixteen Patch. Can you tell I love squares??? :) No pattern used, just a scrap quilt that I hand pieced. Can you believe that? Nuts. :D
This quilt is 75x86.



I have enough tops to last me a lifetime.....I'll never run out of tops to quilt. But, do you really think I'm going to stop making tops. NO WAY! :)

Happy Quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Denise said...

No judgement from me, I have way too many projects going right now and of course as I complete the tops I will add to the number of "flimsys" that I have, LOL. I'm right there with ya when you say that you're not going to stop making tops!! Happy quilting.

Linda said...

I have quite a few unfinished quilt tops myself. I think most of us quilters do. I remember when I first started quilting I wondered why people would have any unfinished quilts. Now I know!!1

QuiltNut Creations said...

hmm, quilt tops I have 5, 1 is half quilted. projects on the go? um, 11??

suemac said...

I know where you are coming from. I have lots of tops. I am going to have to bite the bullet and start doing some FMQ.

Larry and Rhonda said...

I have two. One is red, white, and blue and my grandmother hand pieced it many, many years ago. The second top is one that I made out of denim for a baby gift for a niece. However, it just looked to worn for a baby so I never completed it.

Darlene said...

I admitted a long time how many quilt tops I had at that time! The number has increased and I don't care - LOL I sew for fun. :-)

Love your tops, Paula....You Sew Girl. :-)

Betty Lou said...

Those are beautiful quilt tops, I am still amazed that you hand quilt all of them.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We're supposed to know how many unquilted tops we have? I have several, and several of them have designated homes. I also have several UFO's. Not to mention projects that haven't even been started yet (what do we call those???). EEK!!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

They fit in one closet? now is this closet more like a breadbox? Or could you hide an elephant in there?? Dazzle us with numbers--and maybe a pic of that closet!

Kate said...

I'm so glad you love hand piecing your quilts. It's the only way for me so far although I must make better use of my little old sewing machine!! But hand piecing and hand quilting are just SO relaxing.
Keep up the good work. I love it.
Kate