Friday, December 21, 2007

Country Stars

I found myself with some extra time yesterday and today. So, what did I do with that extra time? I sewed! Fun, fun, fun. I made up quite a few of my large HST's for my Country Stars quilt. Once they were pressed and trimmed, I had to lay them out to see if I would like them all together. I loved them! Then, this morning, I started sewing the blocks together as four patches. I think I am really going to like this quilt. I still have lots of stars and HST's left, so this is going to be a big quilt!

The thing I like most about this top is that I used up quite a few of my 2 1/2 inch strips making the Sawtooth Star blocks. No new fabric for those. I did have to buy the two brown fabrics since I really don't have large pieces of fabric in my stash. When I first started quilting, I bought 1/4, 1/2 and 1 yard pieces of fabric...not realizing that you have to have larger pieces to actually finish a top! But, I have learned and it's really been kinda nice. I have excuses to go out and buy large pieces of fabric, but still get use up my stash!

7 comments:

Diane said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW I love that quilt!!!

Sweet P said...

That quilt is adorable. Great use of color in it.

Hannah B. said...

pretty, pretty!

MARCIE said...

That quilt is turning out so pretty! I love it!

Helen in the UK said...

This is looking great :)

Quilting For Less said...

Just had to comment on your quilt! Love the color and how you set it together with the browns. Give yourself a big pat on the back! Good job!
Susan