Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Christmas Season Begins

For me, the Christmas Season began tonight. I had the privilege of going to a Christmas concert this evening. The very best thing about it though, was the fact that three of the singers were dear to my heart. Dear Older Daughter and her two friends who have become members of the family (well, their parents may argue this point....) sang with a not so local church choir.

The orchestration was beautiful and it reminded me of how much I truly miss live orchestra music. I really should do things like this more often. The choir was exceptional. The wonderful Christmas hymns and carols made me ready to "deck the halls". So, to the three of you wonderful (adult) children, I say, "Thank you, it was a very special evening."




Left to right: Erin, My Dear Older Daughter, Tim, and Kristin

1 comment:

Hannah B. said...

I'm so glad you got to go and enjoy yourself! (they better have gotten you a coffee...)