Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Decorating

Last night, two of my children (22 &19) started the Christmas decorating at our house. Dear Older Daughter and Dear Friend took care of the inside and Dear Younger Son took the outside all by himself. Dear Younger Daughter ran from room to room and outside "helping" everyone!


Sounds of Christmas music playing in the background and people calling out, "Do we have more lights?" and "Where are the stockings?" filled the air. I pitched in once in a while, but as little as possible. I just don't have the Christmas decorating spirit I once had. I must say, it is wonderful having adults in your home. Young, energetic adults who enjoy making huge messes and will even clean them up!


The finishing touches were done tonight. The house is all decked out and the yard is draped in lights. Now, we can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee and take in the sights, right in our own living room. If only we could find those stockings!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Let me know if and where you find the stocking, we never did find mine last year. It was so strange as they all go together in the storage box, but mine managed to escape to parts unknown. :^)
I love the quilts on the tables!

Unknown said...

I think it's becoming a tradition for me to help out with setting up your tree! I had a blast! As long as I don't have to try to fix all those lights next year! If only we could find lights that work...