Monday, September 1, 2008

Great weekend....

It's been a great weekend because we didn't have to evacuate! While we are praying for those who are affected by Hurricane Gustav, we are so grateful that we were able to stay home this time around. It looks as if the Texas Gulf Coast has missed another terrible storm.

We have laughed about the group we'd be taking with us, if we'd had to evacuate.....it's really pretty sad, when you think about it! Two grandmas, one handicapped man, one child, two adult children and......one crazy lady. 'Cause if I had to lead that caravan out of this city, that's what I'd be, for sure. So, instead of packing up the bus and heading out of town, I've been able to have a bit of fun this weekend.

Friday, I met a couple of "old friends" at Zio's for lunch. If they are reading this post....they know what I mean by old!!! I've known both of these ladies for quite a while. One for 16 years and one for 14 years. Hard to believe....we talked about the changes we've been through together. Pregnancies, teens, hormones, chronic illnesses, miscarriages, happy times as couples, tears at funerals, children turning into adults, marriages of children (and possibilities of marriages!!!) and now menopause has begun it's devastation on one of us!! No names mentioned!!! Thanks for the great day ladies! I love ya!

Saturday was pretty dull, which is a good thing, as we prepared for church on Sunday. We were able to make it to the services, which was a good thing since Dear Hubby was scheduled to preach! He did a great job and we both survived it well. It was great to be able to see Dear Older Son at church on Sunday with his bride to be, as well as meeting the new bride of a dear friend of my children.

I've spent a lot of time in front of the TV watching the news non stop, wondering where the hurricane would go. So, making good use of my time, I've been hand quilting one of my "found quilts" - from a previous post. That small quilt is coming right along, and I'm quilting the first border.

This morning, I put the center of the Off Centered Log Cabin quilt together. I love it. I don't know what I'm going to do now though. I shopped my stash of fabrics and couldn't find anything I loved for the borders, so I may have to run to the LQS (Local Quilt Shop) and find a couple of fabrics! No problem...I've got birthday money burning a hole in my pocket. Here are pics....enjoy!

Now, back to hand quilting.....or maybe, I'll just take a break and pull out some quilt books and magazines. Oooh, and a cup of coffee! Sounds like a plan!

Happy Quilting!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad you didn't get that bad ol' Gustav!
Your "found" quilt is wonderful. I am very fond of log cabin style quilts.

WhiteStone said...

Your Log Cabin is going to be scrumptuous. Glad you are safe from the storm. Hoping all can return home soon and safe.

Marilyn Robertson said...

I'm glad you were able to have a great weekend! I love your log cabin quilt, too bad you have to shop for border fabrics!

LuAnn said...

I love that log cabin and would like to know how you made the blocks or where you got the pattern. You and I could be twins separated at birth because I really, really love coffee, too. My car knows the way to all the Starbucks in town.