Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WIP Wednesday


I took the plunge....actually, Dear Younger Son did and I followed his lead. He started working on the garage today and I couldn't let him suffer alone. It took about 2 hours and I'm afraid we aren't done yet!

A little background on our garage. It's more of a storage building right now. We moved here, to my mom's house in June, to help her out for about a year or so. We hope to move in the fall sometime and take her with us.

So, we left our 2500 sq. ft. house, fully furnished and completely decorated (read - full of stuff) and moved into her 1500 sq. ft. house, fully furnished and completely decorated (read - also full of stuff). We gave away 4 mini van loads full of stuff to a needy family, hauled off 1600 lbs. of junk, and have a storage rental that is 10x10. So, the garage got the leftover furniture and kitchen stuff that we can live without until we get a bigger house.

Then, Christmas happened. Everything was in storage and two of my children picked it up from the storage place, decorated and returned the empty Rubbermaid containers to storage. I was out of town when they decided that they were going to undecorate. Since I had the storage key and grandma forgot she had one, they just put all the Christmas decorations in cardboard boxes, laundry baskets and even an empty laundry hamper. THAT was the mess we had in the garage!

So, today, I played with Christmas decorations! And now, Dear Younger Daughter and I have to go through several other baskets of old toys and craft supplies that "SOMEHOW" got dumped out in the garage too! That's a job for another day! Yikes!

Otherwise, as far as sewing goes, I cut out a table runner for a dear friend who moved away. I put a bit of it together today too! It was supposed to be done about 2 months ago, so I'm right on schedule (at least for me!) I sewed some more on my nine patch and hour glass top. It's coming along nicely. I've got 16 blocks sewn together and just have to put the rows together now.


I added a few things to my blog also today. Notice the Quiltathon button as well as the Four Seasons Quilt Swap - Spring Swap button. I'm participating in both. There seems to be a lot of excitement about both of these in blogland!

I'm hoping your Wednesday was more quilty than mine, for sure! Have a great day and Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Diane said...

I love the table runner you are making! I made a smaple for the quilt shop that looks alot like that. I'm glad you got some work done in the garage. I have stuff on my list I would rather not do too. I would rather sew.

Hannah B. said...

OOO. I like the table runner! :)
Glad to hear you are staying out of trouble...

Elaine Adair said...

Hey, I have a 9-patch/hourglass almost like that. Better get it out of the closet and finished! Funny, I had forgotten about it. Thanks!

Jeanne said...

Love the tablerunner and the nine patch quilt! Keep at that garage and then come and visit me. VBG

Libby said...

Looks like you've made some great progress on your projects. I don't envy your garage work . . . I really must get serious about clearing out clutter - soon *s*