Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Someone's Been Shoppin' with Dina

Title sung to the tune of "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dina".....

Linda, Dina (aka Diane) and I went on a mini Shop Hop. We hit two Local Quilt Shops and found some great deals we couldn't pass up. I picked up these fat quarters. Six of them were $1.00, two were $1.25, and one was $1.50. So, 2 1/4 yards for $10.00. Not bad. And, five are Civil War Reproductions and the other four are 30's! Yeah for me! Diane loaded up on quite a few herself.



We also found a great deal on these Civil War Reproduction fabrics, most of which are purples. Something we've both had a difficult time finding. The best part? These fabrics were marked down 35% off. I think one or two were 50% off. When we got to the register, the lady behind the counter ended up giving us 50% off all of them. The hitch? We had to buy a yard of each, so Diane and I split them and now we both own 1/2 yard cuts of these lovelies..... Eight 1/2 yd. cuts for $20! That's $5 a yd. any way you slice it!



I love shopping with this lady! She likes everything I like and she likes to share. Linda (who is not a quilter but a sewer, as in clothing) was great at reminding Diane, "Whatever you buy you have to move!" My Dear Brother would have been proud of her. But, I'm not moving, so..... LOL And Linda, what self control! She didn't buy anything....but she did find one Christmas ornament on sale! None of us could decide if it was a good thing or not!


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

The fabrics are nice; it will be fun to see what they turn into... The ornament reminds me of a cheer I did with our oldest daughter as a baby. I had only been a believer in Christ 2 1/2 years when she was born and instead of the traditional pat-a-cake, I would do a "yeh Jesus" clap with her...thank you for bringing that memory back into focus... it's been awhile. :)

Julia said...

I love those purple repos!!!! I want to do an all purple and cream quilt done with that type of fabric. Can you tell what collection they are from?

Anonymous said...

That's really a bargain. We pay about $7.50 a fq here, due to high customtaxes! Enjoy your new fabrics!

Hannah B. said...

I like the fabric--it is always nice to get such great deals! However, My personal motto is---why pay a sale price when you can pay FULL price? :) Somehow I always miss sales...
What an ornament! LOL

Libby said...

Love the purples . . . but there's just something about that ornament *s*