Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Top Is DONE...maybe!

I just had to show you what I finished up last night! And, this is a big deal...first, because I started it 2 1/2 years ago, and second, because it's all hand pieced. Ah.....

I finished Dear Younger Son's (Double or Triple???) Four Patch Quilt. Whoo hoo!!! Now that it's done....I'm thinking....again.



It's 80 inches square, so I just might add another row, top and bottom. Then, it would be 80x96, since I'm not doing borders. Why can't I make decisions??? That's another 20 blocks!!! This is why I have so many Works In Progress (WIPS), because I hit a wall and can't make a decision. Maybe I'll just live with it a few days and see what I think.

Happy Topping or Quilting!!!!

15 comments:

Cathi said...

Wow -- it's wonderful! Congratulations on a gorgeous quilt!

Laurie said...

I've been wanting to do a similar quilt for years; just can't bring myself to start cutting. It's beautiful.

Karen said...

Another great quilt!

Sara said...

Its gorgeous! I keep eyeing that pattern and now I may have to give it a shot! Just gotta gather a few more fabrics.

Thimbleanna said...

HAND PIECED???? It's beautiful. We're not worthy. I bow to your supreme-ness!!!

secondofwett said...

A hand pieced top! WOW! I'm impressed.....I've read about quilters doing that but I don't think I'd ever have that kind of discipline and energy....Congratulations!

Patti said...

No matter what you decide to do - it's absolutely marvelous! I can't begin to imagine piecing something like this by hand. I enjoy hand piecing but save it for very difficult blocks - when I do it. Usually I'd rather do hand applique and piece by machine. I admire you perseverance in getting this done - it is a true heirloom. I presume you will hand quilt it also.

Pat said...

Wow, it's beautiful and hand pieced...2 1/2 years good for you!!!

Pat said...

Wow it's beautiful and hand pieced...2 1/2 years Good for you!!!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

That's a beautiful quilt. Great use of color.
K

julia said...

Hi Paula,
wow, the quilt is stunning! I'm sure you'll find the right decision wether to add the blocks to make it rectangular or not...anyway, it will be a true gem!!
Cheers, Julia

Carol said...

That quilt is absolutely incredible!

Darlene said...

That's incredible, Paula. I'm in awe that you handpieced the entire thing. Way to go!

I have a similar quilt - some friends in an old quilt group and I exchanged blocks for a little over a year. It's one of my favorite quilts because it's super, super scrappy - like yours.

Patti said...

Thanks for the background! As I was reading it I suddenly remembered you mentioning this before way back when you were either working on one of the others or starting this one. Can't remember which it was. Very lucky kids you have!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I just love it!