Thursday, January 29, 2009

Goodies in the mail!!!!


Quilters are the most
generous people in the universe!




This arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon. It is a quilt called Valentine Hearts made by Kim at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure. I knew it was on it's way and I was so excited to know I was going to have a COMPLETED quilt!!! Whoo hoo! And, I will say, no picture can capture just how wonderful this quilt is. Here is Kim's pic, I think it's much better than mine. Excellent workmanship (or is it workwomanship???).

Kim also included the pattern, so I can make another for someone special....hmmm. I don't know. I would feel so inferior!!! And, she sent along some sweet little Valentine gifts. The pencil I'm sharing with Dear Younger Daughter, but the chocolate is MINE...or more accurately, WAS mine!! Thank you so much Kim!!! I'm in quilt love.

13 comments:

Millie said...

Kim's Valentines Day quilt is beautiful. Lucky you, you got a pretty heart quilt to show off as a Valentines's Day quilt or a friendship quilt.

Sara said...

That little Valentine's quilt is really cute! Hope you enjoyed your chocolate!

Rhonda said...

What an adorable quilt! It makes you feel special just to look at it!

Judi said...

Found your blog and wanted to say hi. I love the valentines quilt, it is beautiful.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Oh! It's so pretty! I know you'll thoroughly enjoy it :^)

Cathi said...

What great mail to get! That Valentine quilt is adorable!

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh Lucky you... it is a wonderful little quilt!! :o)

Libby said...

Such fun treats to receive in the mail *s8

*karendianne. said...

That makes you about the luckiest woman on the entire planet!!!

Kim said...

You're welcome so much!!! I'm glad you like it! Happy Valentine's Day--it will be here before you know it!

Kimberly said...

You are such a lucky lady! Isn't it fun to receive special surprises in the mail? I just love the quilt Kim sent you. What a treasure (the quilt is, and Kim!) I am having such fun being part of a new group of quilty friends and seeing so many names I recognize now....Darlene, Kim, Stina, Karendianne, etc. Hope you're having a great week!
Kimberly

jenny said...

wow how cute and sweet this one is

Sweet P said...

That's a gorgeous quilt! You are a lucky winner!