Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sniffle, sniffle, sneeze, sneeze......

I'm still alive and kicking, but barely. Actually, how ridiculous is it for a common cold to knock you off your feet for 5 days??? I'm seriously exhausted. And, I have a feeling it may be the weekend before I'm better. I can just "feel" it.

I'm spending lots of quality time watching t.v. (Investigation Discovery, HGTV, TV Land) and I've played Tetris, read blogs, listened to sermons online (I really do enjoy it), had cups of coffee with Dear Hubby, taken naps, gotten lots of hand quilting done, visited with friends on Facebook, looked at quilting magazines, and taken naps. And, have I mentioned naps?? Yep, been resting alot.

But, you know, it's all good. I take my health for granted. I am needed and rarely do I get sick and have to take time "off". I'm blessed that my son is able to fill in and help in caring for my husband while I'm not well. My daughters clean and cook and grocery shop. I have much to be grateful for. And, you know, sometimes taking time to rest is a good thing.


Happy Quilting!!!!!!

13 comments:

Karen said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Glad you have help and can get lots of rest. Take Care.

Shelley said...

Get better soon! You need to be better by the Friday night sew-in! :)

Diane said...

Yes it is!! I hope you are feeling better soon though, even though you are getting rest, being sick is still yucky.

Tammy said...

Take care of yourself. It's never fun to be sick, but I think it's god's way of telling us we need a break and need to slow down a bit. Feel better soon.

Laurie said...

Hey, Paula, I've been sick too. So sorry you're not well. It seems that if I get up to do anything I try to cough up a lung. So I'm taking it easy too. Not much longer I feel better every day; hope you are on your feet soon.

Libby said...

Hope you feel all better real soon *s*

WhiteStone said...

Sorry about the sniffle and sneezes. We love to listen to audio sermons, too, altho we use our iPod. Great when we are on the road. You know the routine...plenty of fluids, rest, and chicken broth, too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope you feel better soon. A simple cold will often wipe me out for 2 weeks so I understand where you're coming from. Take good care of yourself and keep getting those naps!

ohiostar5 said...

A time to renew the body, mind, and spirit. Hope you will feel like a new woman when this nasty cold bug leaves. Betty Lou

Darlene B said...

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather! Hope you feel much better soon. Maybe another nap will help....maybe I'LL take a nap in your honor!!
dsb448@att.net

*karendianne. said...

Darn! I hope to read you're recovering very soon. I'm betting you are with the good care you're receiving and the good rest you're getting. Shucks. Sure puts a kink in the daily plans though, I know that!

Judy D in WA said...

Hope you are feeling better. It isn't any fun with the sniffles and sneezes and the hacky cough (DH has had that for almost 2 weeks now. Just when he thinks he is feeling better, he isn't. Take care of yourself.

country mouse said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. What a blessing to have people to help you out. I hope you are getting lots of rest and feeling better really soon.