Monday, February 8, 2010

Respite Trip!!!!

I just started blogging again after a yucky bout with a cold and then a stomach bug and....

Now I'm leaving for a respite trip. Definition: an interval of rest or relief. Ahhhh. Most of you know that I am a full time caregiver for my chronically ill husband, and have been for a bit over ten years. My girlfriend and I have been talking about taking some time off and enjoy ourselves and we're finally doing it.

We're heading out tomorrow morning and we'll be back on Friday sometime. We've reserved a two bedroom suite in a quaint little town about four hours from here. We're going to watch movies, eat popcorn, shop, giggle, share chocolate, get manicures and pedicures, dine out, stay up late and sleep in.

Here are a couple of pics of the B&B where we are staying...... I chose this one because of the quilts in every room!!

It's been a year since I've taken time away. Last time I went to my dad's 80th birthday. I should have done this sooner. I should have made it a priority, but life has a tendency to get in the way.

And, we've just checked the weather conditions for the latest update and they are predicting a 60% chance of SNOW!!!!!! Living on the Gulf Coast, we don't see much of the white stuff, so this could be fun. We're staying very close to the shops and restaurants, so no real danger for two southern girls with little snow experience.

I'll try to take some pics while I'm gone to share. And, I hope to make a stop at a quilt shop there in town. This is gonna be fun!!!!!!

**************scream*************** I'm just too excited!!!!!!!!!


Happy Quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

grendelskin said...

Everyone needs a respite now and then, a caregiver more than most. I hope you have a delightful trip and remember, a little snow just means more giggle time (and maybe eating snacks instead of a proper dinner)!

Karen said...

Good for you! I'm sure it long overdue as what with the move and being sick! Have a wonderful time!

QuiltNut Creations said...

so sorry you've been sick! hope you have a fabulous relaxing time away. you deserve it!

WhiteStone said...

The suite looks so nice! So fun! Have a lovely, lovely time.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The B&B where you're staying looks wonderful. Enjoy your time away!

Sweet P said...

Have a great respite trip! Relax and enjoy yourself - you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan. I wish you nothing but a great getaway.

Conni said...

Praying you are rested and rejuvenated when you get back!

Millie said...

The suite looks so nice and a perfect place to stay in. I am so sorry you are ill and I hope you will recover very soon.
Lots of hugs,
Millie

Amanda said...

Have a wonderful trip - everyone needs a guilt-free break now and then!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Have fun! It looks like a nice, cozy place to have a good time with your girlfriend! Cheers! Evelyn

ohiostar5 said...

Enjoy your mini vacation, we will miss you and can't wait to hear all about it. Have 10" (maybe more) of snow in North Texas, hope you didn't get caught in this storm. BettyLou

SewCalGal said...

I'm really happy to hear you are getting some time for you! You need to this periodically to rejuvenate. Nothing wrong with it. I too did this when my mother was having medical issues. Very important. Go get pampered!

Enjoy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogsot.com