Thursday, February 5, 2009
8 Random Facts About Me!!
Eileen, at Eileen's Attic, tagged me.....so here are 8 random facts.
1. I have schooled all of my children at home, since they were born. (Three are graduated, productive adults, the last one is still being schooled at home.)
2. I enjoy cooking, and people tell me they love to eat at our house. We don't have fancy meals, but you won't leave hungry!!
3. I adore Civil War Reproduction fabrics.
4. Our church sponsored a Bike-A-Thon to raise money for missions when I was in high school. Several people participating were afraid to approach the richest man in our church to ask him to sponsor them. We were riding for 20 miles. I decided that the worst he could do was say no. He told me that he would give me $25 a mile, if I rode my bike with training wheels. LOL.....I really wanted to raise the most money, so I agreed. I got my older brother to put training wheels on my bike and turn them up in the air. When he showed up the day of the Bike-A-Thon to see if I kept my end of the bargain, he laughed and said, "Here's the money. I really didn't think you would do it. And, I didn't clarify "how" to put the training wheels on your bike." With his donation and the others I collected, I raised the most money!
5. I have a short story published in a book. It was a collection of miracle stories. Sadly, the book is no longer available.
6. I am pigeon toed....but not as bad as I once was. When the Dr. told me that, I started making myself walk differently.
7. My two favorite beverages are coffee and Dr. Pepper....but I drink lots of water too!
8. I'm 43 and I need bifocals!! I am doing the trick my mother once did. I hold something and move it back and forth, closer and further away until I can see what I'm looking at!!
You're it!! Take this tag and post 8 random things about YOU! Let me know you did it, so that I can find out more about you.