Sunday, May 18, 2008

Taking a blogging break....

It wasn't planned, but it looks like I took a bit of a blogging break. I suppose it's because I've been trying to rest and get well.....maybe that's my excuse. I took a break from our Quilt Bee this week, which should prove that I have been trying to take it easy. I really am doing better. Not 100% yet, but so much better.

I did take some time to work on a few things just for fun. One thing I did was pull out Dear Younger Son's Double Four Patch blocks! I made another 7 blocks, all pieced by hand. Here's a picture of some I made....they haven't been pressed yet. (Oops the picture is sideways!!! LOL)


Hand piecing in bed, on the couch, in the recliner....and no iron. I'll have to press them sometime this week. Now, I'm up to 83. Just 17 more and all the blocks will be done. Here's a link to a previous post. Click on the link, then enlarge the picture, you'll see the completed quilt in the book!

I also put some of the blocks together for the Orange Crush Mystery Part 4. Not all of them are done, but I think I got about 18-20 completed. Just plugging away.

Then, just for fun, I threw this little quilt together. I really did just pull fabrics out of the scrap basket. Didn't even really look at them, just put them together. Then pulled a couple of strips out for the border. Certainly not the prettiest little quilt I've ever made, but I think it will look great under a lamp. I have just the place for it. When I get around to it, I'll hand quilt it.



Lastly, I ran to the LQS and picked up a Super Queen batting to finish Dear Older Son's quilt. It's too dark tonight to take pictures, but maybe tomorrow, if I can get someone to help hold it, I can take a picture. It is his graduation quilt......from 4 years ago. Don't anyone fuss at me, I feel awful. It's been something hanging over my head for a while. But honestly, it's large, hand pieced and must be hand quilted....and that's why it has hung in the closet all this time. I don't think he understands the hours that went into it and the additional hours I'll add to complete it. No, it's not like he asked for it, I wanted to make it. All my kiddos will eventually get a hand pieced, hand quilted quilt for graduation....even if it's for their wedding!!! LOL

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and spent some time at the machine. I enjoyed my time of rest, but Monday comes to us all!!!!

Happy Quilting!!!

10 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Downtime! Good for you. We need that. Although it sounds like it was more "space" than anything. I mean you weren't DOWN exactly. Look at that cute little topper you made is fun, healthy. You needed to let loose and I'm happy for YOU! By the way, that brown stripe there I LOVE. I want it. ;)

Have a great day. *karendianne.

Dawn said...

You are my inspiration with being able to quilt so many beautiful projects! I loooove your scrap-basket quilt the most. It's endearing.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Looks like you made good use of your recovery time. Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I have some UFO's that have been sitting around for a long time too!

Libby said...

Love your little strippy coin quilt . . . those 'found' quilts are always just so sweet *s*

Arlette said...

Paula, thank you for visiting my blog and for enterting my giveaway. I have throughly enjoyed browsing your blog. I adore your Bargello quilt. I envy you for having the patience to work with so many little pieces of fabric. The result is fabulous!
Aloha!

Sweet P said...

I hope you're feeling better. Everyone should learn to take some down time now and then.

MARCIE said...

You are too good! Hopefully by the time you finish the quilt your son will be old enough to appreciate all the love and effort that went into it. Love that double 4-patch!

WhiteStone said...

The double four-patch will be lovely, lovely. And I'm amazed that you are hand piecing. I've mastered hand quilting, but for piecing, guess I'd better stick with the machine.

Wendy said...

Good for you taking some down time. From your post it looks like you are still really busy. Hand piecing I couldn't even imagine how long that would take me. But your sons quilt is going to be a treasure. I love the little coin quilt, so cute.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Goodness, you're getting a lot done! Really like that little quilt. I've been thinking of doing one like that . . . as soon as I'm caught up . . . hmmm, maybe sooner.