Monday, October 20, 2008

Orange Crush....Again

All my Orange Crush blocks have been stewing for quite a while. I purchased the yardage needed for the mystery at the Spring Shop Hop....um, yeah, back in MARCH!!! Yikes, that's awful. Of course, the mystery started in April....so, let's see, I stayed on track through Part 2. Bad quilter, bad, bad quilter.

Anyway, I did look at the other parts even though I was behind. And, I wasn't really liking it. I had all the pieces cut out, and had all the friendship star blocks sewn together, but bogged down making the album blocks. I wasn't feeling it, so I let them stew.

I read other blogs of quilters who were making this mystery and I still didn't love it. Then, another blogger, Jeanne, took her blocks and did something different. She actually ended up with two quilts . I was really thinking I would do the same.

Then, I was reading through a blog a few days ago and saw this blogger's completed Orange Crush Top and was once again inspired. I decided those OC blocks had stewed long enough. I didn't want to have to think through a new plan.....I had everything prepared and it wouldn't take long to "Just Do It". So, yesterday, I dove into the OC project bag and finished sewing the album blocks, I just needed 7 more. Then, I made the half blocks for the setting triangles and the four quarter blocks. Easy as pie.

Once I got that done, I set it down for the evening and resumed this morning. I haven't had much time to sew today, but did get this much done.

Here is my encouragement. If you have an Orange Crush Mystery quilt that is unfinished, pick it up and work on it. I'm telling you, pics of this quilt don't do it justice. When you actually see it coming together, it's really amazing. I'm falling in love with Orange Crush, and I think you will too! "Just Do It"!!!

Happy Quilting!!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Sometimes blocks just need to rest a while before they're ready to become a real quilt. Looks great!

Conni said...

Wow! Looks great! I've seen several of these, and they are all wonderful! You're almost done, keep up the good work!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your OC quilt is going to be fantastic! I have always thought that some fabric and blocks need to age a little before they reach their full potential!

WhiteStone said...

Keep going! You will love the finished project!